2018 Event Photos
The Zombie Apocalypse Has Begun!!
The county of San Diego has fallen to the zombie pandemic and has pushed the human race to the brink of extinction. Your only chance of survival is through the hoard of zombies awaiting you as you look to escape to the safe zone...
Welcome to San Diego's only Zombie infested 5K and 1 mile fun run.
HOW IT WORKS:
- You are not running against the clock, but from blood thirsty, virus infected zombies.
- All runners will be given a flag belt (just like those used in flag football). The flags represent your "health"
- If a runner reaches the "Safe Zone" (finish line) with ANY number of flags attached to their belt they will receive a "SURVIVOR" medal
- If a runner reaches the "Safe Zone" (finish line) with no flags attached they will receive an "INFECTED" medal
Special Note: If you form and run as a "TEAM", the team must start and finish together. If any member of the team returns with at least 1 flag, all team members will "survive". (Teams can be 2,3, or 4 people)
SURVIVAL SKILLS and COURSE:
- There will be a dedicated start and finish line, with plenty of zombies in between to run away from
- The first part of the course is a 1.5 mile run to help spread out the runners, but don't be fooled...you may encounter a zombie hoard along the way
- The second part of the course is a 1.5 mile-ish adventure through the "infected zombie zone". Here runners will encounter minor obstacles as they navigate their way through hundreds of zombies.
- Official Course length may vary from person to person. For Example a direct line of running with no zombie encounters may shorten the course to 2.75-2.8 miles (good luck with that), while the more zombies you encounter, may force you to extend your distance as you try and escape them.
- 1 Mile Fun Run, will have a 1/4 mile run before runners reach the "infected zombie zone"
Oh... did we mention the only opportunity you will have to escape to the "Safe Zone" is just before sunset. So be prepared for a late afternoon start (3:30pm)